A summary of the Club Rules is provided in the Ground Rules & Information on the Club Facilities form given to new members when joining the Club. The Ground Rules are also reprinted regularly in the Club newsletter.
In addition, the operation of the Club is governed by the Rules & Constitution of the Eastern Suburbs Dog Training Club, a copy of which is available on the Training Grounds on Sundays or can be downloaded here.
The following summarises the Club Ground Rules (updated February 2008):
- Training Times: the scheduled start and end times are listed in the Training Times page on the Club website.
- Dogs MUST be on lead at all times unless under instructor supervision
- Covered footwear must be worn for training, so no thongs, scuffs, high heels or bare feet
- Name badges must be worn. Replacements for lost badges will be issued for a $2 donation
- Access to roped off area surrounding trailer is restricted to Committee, Instructors and Helpers
- Jumps and other equipment may be used ONLY under supervision of an Instructor
- Deposit litter and dog doo in bins provided
- Centennial Park rules must be respected at all times – please see Dog Walking on the Centennial Parklands website
- Children are welcome at the Club, but they must be supervised and they must not handle a dog in class. Children under the age of 12 are not permitted to join the Club. Junior Membership is available for children aged 12 to 17 years old
- Puppies and adult dogs must have a collar and lead for training – not an extendable lead. A harness is permissible, but the goal will be to work towards using a collar and lead for training. Harnesses cannot be used in Class 1 or upwards, Activity Class or in Promotion Tests.
- All dogs must be fully vaccinated – a current vaccination certificate must be provided when joining the Club and renewing membership
- The only method of payment accepted is CASH.