When you join the Club you become a Member, not your dog. The joining fee entitles you to membership of the Club, allowing you to train your dog at the Club, until the end of June*. Membership renewal forms for the following year are mailed in May.
* Members who join in May or June of the current year do not have to renew membership until June of the following year.
The registration/joining process is as follows:
- Choose a joining date for your puppy (aged 12-weeks to under 6 months) or adult dog (6 months and over) from the scheduled Training Dates
- Turn up on the grounds with your dog on leash on time for registration - you may wish to arrive early to avoid disappointment
- The Registration Desk opening times for the Adult Dog RDO Course and Puppy Classes are listed in the Training Times page on the Club website - no registrations will be accepted before this time on the grounds, via phone or the internet (see note about "class registration list")
- Bring your dog's current vaccination certificate. Note: Current vaccination certificates must be provided when joining the Club and renewing membership
- Ensure you have adequate monies for Registration AND Beginners' Program Fees as listed in the Club's current Membership Fees. Note: The only method of payment accepted is CASH or CHEQUE
- Registration is strictly first come, first serve - those with their dog's vaccination certificate will be given priority over those who have forgotten to bring proof of vaccination
- There will be a class registration list at the desk
- Registrations are taken for the current Sunday's class only - there are no advanced registrations nor waiting lists
- If you miss out on the current Sunday, then you need to come back and try again on the next Puppy/Adult Dog RDO registration/joiner date (as scheduled in the Training Dates page)
- Completing an online Application for Membership on the Club's website does not secure your place in a class - it simply makes the process easier for you and the Club's helpers during registration
- Puppies and adult dogs must have a collar and lead for training - not an extendable lead. A harness is permissible, but the goal will be to work towards using a collar and lead for training in the advanced classes (harnesses cannot be used in Promotion Tests). You will be advised on training equipment, which is available from the Club for members only at a reasonable price. New members should bring $15 (Australian) on top of the joining fee to cover the possible need to purchase appropriate training equipment
- Having joined the Club, you will be told where and when your class will start. Your Instructor will inform you of the training objectives of the class, Club and Park Rules and the process to be followed beyond Week 1 of training
After an initial training programme, in Puppy Classes and/or the Adult Dog Responsible Dog Ownership Course, you and your dog will automatically progress to either our Foundation Class, where you can both build upon the exercises covered in the RDO Course, or to Class 1 of the Club's Advanced Training Classes. Thereafter progression through Advanced Classes and/or the Club's Activity Class is earned by passing promotion tests.
Important Notice: At all times YOUR dog is YOUR responsibility. In the unlikely event of your dog showing aggression towards people and/or other dogs, no Instructor, helper or Club Member can be put at risk.